Monday, January 2, 2012

Twenty Twelve

New year. We can only imagine what 2012 is going to bring into our lives.

No resolutions this year. I want to do something else. I would like to learn this year to be more patient with myself, love myself as i am. And I will give myself time. Because everything takes time. Some things may take all year, some 5 years, some even more than that. And so what?

When did we start to think that we are supposed to expect from ourselves more than we are capable of? Just because others do so? Because we want to be better than everybody else? Oh, why is it so hard to be and original ourselves? It is so much easier to be a bad copy of someone else!

I am going to say NO to the resolutions this year. I am going to stop pressuring myself. And let's see, what the twenty twelve will bring. :)



My dear friends, I wish you all the same. The courage to be yourself. To be imperfect, but happy. To feel less under pressure and more relaxed. And if anything would go wrong, this is the prayer that helps me:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment